Look no further for a quick, easy cookie that have as much nutritional benefit as they do flavour! These super healthy vegan cookies are the perfect addition for weekday snacks, in children’s lunches or at home after school! They’re packed with complex carbohydrates (the slow burning brain fuel) and low in sugar, making them just as great at breakfast time!
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1 cup flaxseed meal
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup cranberries
- 1 cup cacao nibs
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients except almond milk in a blender and blend until mixture is mealy.
- Scoop the cookie meal mixture into a bowl and add almond milk. Mix well with a spoon or hands.
- Using your hands, form cookie dough into balls and place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper. The dough will be sticky.
- Flatten cookies with the back of a non-stick or stainless steel spatula or other kitchen utensil.
- Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely (about 12 minutes), otherwise cookies will crumble.
- When completely cooled, eat and enjoy!