Gluten free baking can be a lot more intimidating than regular baking, but these waffles are super easy, and don’t require a specialty flour mix! Nice and light, they’re great with all toppings and won’t leave you feeling sleepy well before lunch time! Try them out with fresh fruit or fruit compote on top!
- 1 1/3 cups rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- optional: cinnamon or extra spices – fruit tends to make these a little too sticky, so best to put the fruit on top!
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Separate the eggs, adding the yolks to the dry ingredient mixture, and placing the whites in a small mixing bowl.
- Beat whites until moderately stiff; set aside.
- Add milk and melted butter to dry ingredient mixture and blend.
- Fold stiff egg whites into mixture.
- Ladle mixture into hot waffle iron and bake.